Students who register for the NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (PPOTH) are interested in protecting themselves and their family while in public.
This is a comprehensive concealed carry concept course. It is required that all students have attended and successfully passed the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting class and NRA Personal Protection in the Home course.
This objective based class teaches the gun owner how:
- to develop a defensive mindset and use it to their advantage
- differences between cover and concealment
- basic tactical reloading and defensive shooting techniques
- the correct way to hold an attacker at gunpoint
- dealing with the police after an incident and the aftermath of a shooting
- holstering options for maximum efficiency
- essential skill building techniques
- Laws related to concealed carry
- how to travel across state lines with your firearm and handling traffic stops.
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- eye & ear protection (prescription eyewear acceptable)
- and a positive attitude!
Upon successfully passing this course, students will meet NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home national standards and will receive an official certificate of completion.
Approximately 14 hours including live fire training.